Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ebb and Flow of Inspiration

Why is it that I can have weeks where I cannot decide on or figure out something to draw or paint, but when I actually get commissioned to work on something I can't get more than a day into it with out a hundred other awesome ideas floating to the surface that all demand that I work on them right away??

Even if I write them down and come back to them the spark isn't always there to pick up the project later. I'm trying to be good and work on the project that someone has actually paid for, but I'm literally twitching to start these other paintings. I know that I could work on multiple projects at one time (gods know that the Kubert school teaches you how to do that if you learn nothing else :D) but I know that these other projects will consume my muse and the actual commission will keep getting pushed further and further behind.

I know why, really. When I start on something it gets the creativity flowing which brings on the ideas, but I felt the need to whine. I am seriously thinking about starting multiple projects so that I have something to work on while I wait for something else to dry. I can't keep turning to Farmville, it's sucking away my life lol.

Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment